Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tin Can Mod 1.0

So while trying to organize the QPDoll Craft Work Space, I struggled with pencils and more pencils. These things were under foot, in every box, on the shelves, and every where else you could think to look.

Incredibly, QPDoll can't draw! LOL

But such is the way of things for creative people, the must always have the tools to be creative with.. even if they never use them.

SO here's the mission:

Create a crafty alternative to a Pencil and Paintbrush holder for free.

Here's what this YOUNG MOD came up with.

Here are some coffee cans that my son found for me after a long adventure. I used the Citrus Stripper to  start removing the paint from the cans. Though now looking at them. I wonder if it would have been cooler to leave the original artwork on them.

Well on second thought.. now looking at them freshly dipped and sparkling in the sun.. they look fly.. but I know they are still a little rough around the edges.

Now this is after that first coat of white spray paint. Now u can really see the detailing in the cans. How some have wider ridges. Nice detail.

Checking my scrap wood pile for something to mount the cans too.

Here's my awesome daughter staining the wood..  those socks i find visually disturbing. LOL
 
Drilling holes in the back to add screws.

Screw on a nut and washer. 

Here's the finished product. Ready to hang.

Mounted to the wall and filled with Pencils and Paintbrushes. Looks pretty cool. I think.. I should have wrapped on or both in some sort of fabric. It would have added more character .. but it's cool with the over all decor.

This is me using my skills as an amateur photographer to make it look sexy.

Here's how it fits in to the larger design.. works nice. QPDoll said she likey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh snap! Your about to write a message. DOPE!!
Thanks for your insight fam!