Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Magnetic Board Mod




Magnetic Board Mod


This is how a YOUNG MOD takes on a Magnetic Board. I think the whole magnetic board thing is cool. While I'm doing this space for QP Doll she brought home a magnetic board from Micheal's which cost about $12.00. It was metal with a white background. 
I thought the board itself was Magnetic.. SURPRISE nope! It's just a friggin' piece of metal. Plus the magnets in the containers only stuck to the metal side not the white side. So it looks ugly to me. 

It just so happened that the space she NEEDS for the magnetic board is too small for the actual board... 

Duh duh duuuuuuuh!! Time to get crafty!

She happened to have a few metal squares lying around.. I mean literally lying around! SO after a few Pinterest inspirations I went to WORK!

Here are the metal squares about 8" x 12"

So my first set I spray painted White so as to go with the existing design. But the problem is EVERYTHING I've been  doing is WHITE and I need to get some color in here.

After realizing i need COLOR in this design I decided I'd grab some pieces of fabric from QP's sewing draw (that I just finished organizing.. lol ) and wrap the panels with it using fabric spray..
yes I over sprayed the pink one.. 

Here they are side to side.. it's going to be a nice contrast.


4 holes in each panel using a drill with a METAL bit. I broke a bit about 5 min before this picture was taken!

Used two pieces of scrap wood. (which turned out to be a mistake cause it was warped )
Screwed the panels onto the wood You can see a lip of the wood which I'm unhappy about. I'll fix it later. 
This is it with the magnetic cans.. looks Kool right. 
Another shot from a distance.. it's cute right?
Oh yeah .. follow me on Pinterest.. I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh snap! Your about to write a message. DOPE!!
Thanks for your insight fam!